Cultural competences and sensitivity are essential for teachers, educators, professionals working in intercultural environments and with migrant children with different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, beliefs and understandings.
This training module will be focused on raising awareness on diversity by challenging teachers and school staff beliefs and understanding of other cultures. They will be trained on how to support children with different cultural backgrounds and counteracting the rise of misunderstanding and intolerance by favouring intercultural dialogue in class.
Provide indicative time of module completion: around 12 hours
- Use non-formal methodologies and approaches to raise awareness of cultural difference and to promote intercultural dialogue
- Teach students to appreciate differences between persons and recognize and value everyone’s ability
- Support the development of students’ communication, social and personal skills
- Know how to make the learners act as a part of one group where everyone can express freely his/her opinion
- Know more about other cultures and being more aware of intercultural differences and how to manage them in a school context